8 Essentials for Motherhood
1. SELF LOVE
Motherhood is an ever evolving, eternal practice and occupation.
We love our children so deeply, we would do anything to see them happy and keep them safe. The days are long but the years are short and in amongst it all we continuously try and find ourselves. Our own becoming. As a mother, you are the foundation of your family. It is vital that you are nourished and replenished. When you nurture yourself, your entire family and community benefits.
Self Love is a commitment to filling our bodies with nutritional food and drink, nourishing information, uplifting entertainment, nurturing relationships and positive self talk. With this we fill our inner cup with love and experience a greater joy and happiness in our life.
Treat and Love yourself like you do your children.
When it comes to food, our nutrients, minerals and vitamins become the building blocks of our physical body.
- Eat organic wherever possible (pesticide + insecticide free).
- Local fruit and vegetables (freshly picked and full of nutrients).
- Ferments like sauerkraut + kim chi (full of healthy gut probiotics).
- Organic meat + wild fish (avoid growth hormones + antibiotics).
- Herbal teas, kombucha, organic wine, preservative free beer.
- Nuts, seeds, medicinal mushrooms + superfoods (variety is key).
- Healthy fats, avocados, olive oil + hemp oil.
- Coconut oil, ghee or organic butter for cooking at high temp.
- ADD: eat lots of healthy foods + their is less space for poor choices.
- AVOID: white sugar (try coconut sugar, panella or maple syrup), packet foods, deep fried, foods with numbers and GMO.
Wholesome Child; The Complete Nutrition Guide and Cookbook.
By Mandy Sacher - For beautiful recipes the whole family will love.
Stay hydrated with at least 2L of Spring (it is alive) or filtered water daily. You can find natural springs at: www.findaspring.com
Move your body with activities that bring you joy! Dance, yoga, running, boxing, weights, pilates, walking.
Moving the Qi regularly releases pent up stress and tension.
Breath deeply, let your thoughts pass by like clouds in the sky. Practice cultivating 'thoughtless awareness', when your mind has no thoughts. It may feel difficult to begin with, but just try for a few minuets every day. Meditation is a practice, the more you do it, the better you get, the more centered, and peaceful you feel and that tranquillity ripples out and affects everyone that you meet.
6. REST + PLAY
Sleep and Relaxation is exceptionally important.
It switches off your adrenals and activates your parasympathetic nervous system, which is vital for a healthy mind, body and spirit.
Make time for YOU to do the things that you love.
It may be writing, drawing, art, connecting with friends, cooking, reading. These things nurture your 'shen' (spirit) and make you feel good deep within your heart.
Find a practitioner who can help you balance your system on a regular basis, someone you always feel amazing seeing. investing in yourself this way is a great act of self love.
It may be massage, acupuncture, kinesiology, naturopathy, myotherapy, yoga, a meditation class or a combination of many.
8. SELF LOVE RITUAL
- Light an aromatic 'Palo Santo smudge stick' (or sage | Incense) to cleanses and purify your energy field, and the environment.
- Place a few drops of your 'Bach Flower Essence Blend' under your tongue and allow the gentle vibrations to harmonise + soothe your emotional body.
- Run a warm bath with the deeply replenishing 'Floral Crystal Bath Salts' to detoxify your body and calm your nervous system.
- Gently massage 'Ginger + Sugar Scrub' to exfoliate your skin.
- Set an intention into your 'Quartz crystal' to love + care for yourself or set a personal intention that is meaningful to you.
- Spend some time focusing on your breath and letting your thoughts drift by, finding stillness and quite within.
- Thank yourself for taking the time to take care of you.
- Go to bed early and rest deeply. You deserve it beautiful!