Herbal bath salts are a gentle and healing way to cleanse the tender areas of your body post birth. Our bath salts can be used as a comfrey sitz bath, peri bottle tea, infused frozen maxi pads or as a relaxing foot soak ritual.
Comfrey leaf is deeply replenishing to the skin, whilst lavender and chamomile helps calm the mind and spirit after the huge right of passage that a woman journeys through during birth. Raspberry leaf is renowned for its effects on the uterus, which over the next 6 weeks will return to its pre-pregnancy size and shape, epsom salts are cleansing and detoxifying, whilst pink Himalayan salt nourishes and replenishes with trace elements and vital minerals. Rose quartz is a powerful crystal that cultivates self love, nourishment and care.
Ingredients: Wildcrafted Comfrey Leaf, Organic Lavender, Organic Calendula, Organic Chamomile, Organic Raspberry Leaf, Epsom Salt, Himalayan Salt and Rose Quartz.
SITZ BATH - Replenish
1. Place 7 scoops (30g / 7 teaspoons) of the herbal bath salts inside the reusable cotton muslin bag provided.
2. Fill the bath enough to cover your hips when sitting, with warm water.
3. Place the muslin bag into the water and allow to brew for at least 5 minuets.
4. Sit in the shallow water, breath deeply and relax.
C-section Note: Immersion in a baths is not recommended after c-sections or if there is any signs of infection; including fever, feeling unwell, smelly discharge or severe pains. If you have signs of infection, call you health care provider immediately.
Our herbal bath salts can be used as a soothing and replenishing foot soak or as bath salts once you have been cleared by your health care provider.
PERI BOTTLE TEA - Cleanse
1. Boil water and brew a cup of teas using 2 teaspoons of Postpartum Herbal Bath Salts. Allow to steep for at least 20 minuets or until the water has cooled to make a stronger infusion, (no longer than 8 hours).
2. Strain out the herbs and pour the herbal sitz tea into a pop-top drink bottle/ peri bottle.
3. Allow to cool and then keep in the bathroom and use the sitz tea to rinse yourself clean after using the bathroom.
This can be much more comfortable and cleansing than using toilet paper, especially in the case of tears, stitches or episiotomy.
SITZ INFUSED FROZEN MAXI PADS - Reduce Swelling
1. Bring 1 Litre of water to the boil and turn off heat.
2. Add 10 scoops (43g / 10 teaspoons) of herbs to the water and allow to steep for 20 minuets or until cool.
3. Strain the tea from the water.
4. Dip pads into the tea and twist each pad to wring out the excess water.
5. Place the pads on a tray in the freezer until frozen. Once they are frozen you can stack them in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer until needed.
Use 2-3 days post birth for 7-10 minuets at a time to reduce swelling and pain.
*CAUTIONS - always be careful when pouring hot water as there is a risk of burns. It is okay to wait until the water has cooled and then strain off tea.
- As we strive to be an environmentally friendly company our Floral Crystal Bath Salts come in glass jars and thus there is a danger of breakage and sharp glass. Please use extra care and caution when handling the bath salts, especially in wet areas.
*All our ingredients listed as organic are certified through ACO, this means they are grown using only natures resources. No fungicides, pesticides or artificial chemical fertilisers have been used in the cultivation of these ingredients.